A public-private partnership
The Fisher House program is a unique private-public partnership that supports America’s military families in their time of need. The program recognizes the special sacrifices of our men and women in uniform and the hardships of military service by meeting a humanitarian need beyond that normally provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
VA Puget Sound Fisher House Vital Statistics
- Opened September 10, 2008
- 40th house in the Fisher House program, 11th house on a VA campus There are currently 60 Fisher Houses in the US & Germany.
- Over 17,000 sq ft .
- 20 guest suites (bedroom and private bath)
- Full-time salaried Manager
- 2 full-time housekeepers
- Families served since opening: over 3,500
- Individuals served since opening: over 5,800
- Active duty Military families served since opening: 223; 91 of those OEF/OIF/OND*
- Average length of stay: 19 days
- Longest consecutive stay: 470 days
- Average occupancy rate: 98%
- Cost for a family to stay at VAPS Fisher House: $0.00
- Savings to families in lodging costs: over $6,100,000.00
- Supported as a local 501(c)(3) charity: "The Friends of VA Puget Sound Fisher House"
(Statistics current as of April 30, 2013)
During regular business hours tours of Fisher House are available for groups and individuals interested in supporting Fisher House. Out of respect for the privacy of our guests, we ask that you call ahead to schedule a tour, (206) 277-3950. Drop in requests cannot be accommodated.
Bust of founders, Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher
*Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn